- Engine Products
- Exhaust Products
- Tech Tips, News & More
- Free Tech Tips
- #153 Hurth HBW50/100/125/150 Transmissions: Two Common Problems Easily Avoided
- #155: Chrysler LH318 & LH360 Industrial Engines: Easy Block Repair
- #141 Deutz Diesel Engine Model 1013 Fuel Transfer Pumps
- #142 Ford 330 Industrial Engines: Identifying the Dorset and the Dagenham Models
- #143 How NOT To Seat the Piston Rings on Your New Ford 300 Industrial Engine; Cleaning Components When Swapping Accessories
- #144 Deutz 1011 and 2011 Timing Belt Tension
- #145 Installing an Electronic Governor: Five Easy Tips
- #146 Yanmar Engine Tag Locations
- #147 Running a Twin Disc/Rockford? Want It To Last Longer?
- #148: Ford Industrial In-Line 6 Cylinder Gas Engines: How to Tell Them Apart
- #154: AutoClutch Power Takeoff Clutches
- All Tech Tips
- Ask Dr. Diesel
- Industry Links
- Guides, Forms & Tags
- Company Info
- Contact Us
Perkins and Deutz Gasket Paper; What to Use in a Pinch
Helpful invention when you are in need of a gasket for your Perkins or Deutz - Tech Tip #5
Installing a water pump on your Perkins and need a gasket? Your NAPA store in Antigua isn't open on Sunday? Pizza and cereal boxes make excellent materials for water pump and thermostat gasket paper. Just apply a little Permatex to each side of the cardboard and you can forget about buying rolls of gasket paper ever again! This field expedient method works well on the new water cooled Deutz engines also.
We take tech support seriously!
We hope that you will find this Tech Tip helpful. We believe that Tech Support matters and welcome your comments or suggestions.
Please email Dr. Diesel using our contact form or call us at 800.233.6539.