- Exhaust Products
- Ford Industrial
- Twin Disc, Rockford & AutoClutch
- Hurth & ZF Marine Gear
- Engine Governors
- Tech Tips & Video
- Free Tech Tips
- #128: Avoiding an Early Failure with a Deutz 1011 / 2011 Rebuilt
- #191: How to Upgrade an AutoClutch PTO
- #170: All You Need to Know to Install a Deutz, Perkins or Deere Crankshaft
- #171: Deutz Head Gaskets: Composite or MLS?
- #172: A Five Point Checklist on Deutz Head Bolts and Torque Values
- #173: How to Remove a Perkins 4.108 Injection Pump in Two Easy Steps
- #174: Five Points to Keep in Mind When Overhauling a Deutz 1011 or Deutz 2011 Diesel Engine
- #175: Deutz 2011 Timing Belts; How to Remove the Plastic Cover on the Deutz 2011 Timing Cover When Changing a 2011 Belt
- #176: 120 Series Electric Actuator
- #177: Crankshaft Installation Tips
- #178: Deutz 1012/1013 Cooling System Service and Maintinence
- #179: Dr. Diesel's Turbocharger Installation Manual
- #180: EPA Tier 3 Deutz Engine Specs
- #181: Exhaust Purifier Installation Procedures
- #182: Hoof/Pierce Governor Instructional Guide
- #183: How To Install A Lucas CAV/Delphi Pump
- #184: How to Break-In a Remanufactured Deutz Engine
- #185: Installation Instructions for Complete Distributors (View PDF)
- #186: Isuzu Industrial Diesel Engine Serial Number Location
- #187: Notes on Installing Twin Disc/Rockford Power Takeoffs
- #188: Perkins Engine Number and Location Guide
- #189: Perkins Marine Power 4.108(M)
- #190: Turbocharger Installation Instructions
- Ask Dr. Diesel
- Free Tech Tips
- Company Info
- About Us
- FAQs & Policies
- Industry Links
- Contact Us
Deutz Diesel Fuel Systems: How to identify the correct Deutz 912 Diesel Series Fuel Pumps and Injectors
Tips on how to correctly identify the correct Deutz 912 Diesel Series Fuel Pumps and Injectors - Tech Tip #86
The following Tech Tip gives an easy three questions guide to help you identify your Deutz 912 fuel injection pump. Many Foley customers have a hard time advising us which Deutz 912 fuel injection pump they may need because even if they can furnish their Deutz Diesel engine serial number, it may not be that helpful. Over the years owners have swapped different style 912 pumps from one engine another. We use the following three question guide daily to help identify which Deutz injection pump a customer needs. Foley can usually same-day ship a Deutz Diesel injection pump and/or a set of Deutz diesel fuel injectors the same day you call.
- Shaft Flange Size
a) The small shaft flange is 2.5" (68 mm) in diameter and installs with a gasket
b) The large shaft flange is 3.5" (85 mm) in diameter and installs with an "O" ring
- Number of levers on the pump
b) Constant 1800 RPM generator rating
We also stock Deutz 912 fuel injectors and can ship those also on a same-day basis. Here the engine serial number from your Deutz diesel is helpful and we request that you advise us of it.
As with all diesels, clean, dry fuel is the key to successful running and ensuring the longevity of your Deutz diesel fuel injection pump. To help you to keep your Deutz diesel running smoothly, we include a free container of fuel conditioner and a free diesel fuel filter with all Deutz diesel fuel injection component shipments. We also include free hard copies of our new Tech Tips on how to bleed diesel fuel systems These are Tech Tip #58, Bleeding Lucas, Stanadyne, and Diesel Kiki Fuel Systems and Tech Tip #82, Bleeding Perkins, Deutz and Deere Fuel Systems, Part Two.
We take tech support seriously!
We hope that you will find this Tech Tip helpful. We believe that Tech Support matters and welcome your comments or suggestions.
Please email Dr. Diesel™ using our contact form or call us at 800.233.6539.