7 Helpful Tips to Remove Unusual or Balky Fasteners
- Have a Torx bolt on a Deutz 1011 or Deutz 2011 front cover? Use a 6 point TS30 to remove it. If you can’t find it locally, we stock it.
- Removing a Perkins 4.108 fuel injection pump? Use a 13mm socket on the 3 bolts that hold the pump on.
- Changing a damper plate? Use a 6 sided 6mm allen socket.
- Spray in some penetrating oil
- If it’s a screw, get a good bite on the head by tapping your screw driver in deeper with a hammer. Hit it with a couple of good raps.
- If it’s a bolt, weld a nut to on to it and use a socket to twist it out.
- Try cutting it off with a hand held die grinder.
Written by Dr. Diesel
Knowledge is power. Power to build ties to engine users. To build a relationship with our customers, we share with you our 105 years of knowledge in many ways. We have this special section called “Ask Dr. Diesel™” where you can pose questions about engines, transmissions, industrial hand clutches, exhaust scrubbers, etc.