- The amount of contamination in the cooling system depends on the engine applications.
- Spilled oil or fuel on the engine increases the risk of contamination. Be especially careful if the engine is used in dusty environments.
- Serious contamination can occur for example:
- on construction sites where thee is a high level of air-borne dust.
- in harvesting applications where there are high concentrations of chaff and chopped straw in the vicinity of the machine
- Because applications vary, cleaning intervals have to be determined from case to case. The cleaning intervals given in the table below can be used as a guide.
|2000||Ships, gensets in enclosed spaces, pumps|
|1000||Vehicles on paved roads|
|500||Tractors, forklift trucks, mobile gensets|
|250||Vehicles on construction sites and unpaved roads, construction equipment, compressors, underground mining equipment|
|125||Agricultural machinery, harvester tractors|
Cleaning Cooling System
FOR THE ENTIRE GUIDE, DOWNLOAD THE PDF BELOW.