Core Return Form
Making Core Returns to Foley Engines is designed to be as easy as possible.
To start, click the button below to download a PDF of our Core Return Form.Download Core Return Form
After you’ve downloaded the form, please take the following steps to ensure a prompt core refund:
- Fill in the information below and attach a photocopy of your invoice. Any core returned without this core return form and related paperwork will be assessed a penalty of $100.
- For a full credit, all cores must be returned assembled, without holes or cracks and be rebuildable. Engine cores that are turned into us must be the same model as the engine purchased. The engine must still be assembled, have no visible cracks or holes, spin a full 360 degrees and be shipped back on the same engine skid used to ship the new or remanufactured engine to you. Additionally, we are unable to issue full credit for junkyard cores or cores that have been stored outside and exposed to the elements. Engine cores are inspected by our remanufacturer and credits are issued following that evaluation.
- Make sure all cores are drained of all fluids, reasonably clean and securely packaged for shipping. EPA regulations mandate that cores containing oil or antifreeze cannot be accepted. If your core comes in containing fluids, it will be returned freight collect to you or will be subject to a $300 Environmental Fee.
- Insure and ship the package to us, freight prepaid. Our receiving department is unable to receive freight collect shipments. If you use a private package service, your name and invoice number must be on the outside of the box. Returns over 150 pounds require a common carrier. We will be happy to arrange the pickup and fax you the Bill of Lading. Freight charges must be prepaid. Our receivers will not accept freight collect shipments. If you wish to return your core in person, please be aware our loading dock is closed during lunch.
- Caution – Cores returned after 30 days of the invoice date will have a 25% reduction in the potential core credit. Core returns received after 90 days are subject to a 50% late charge and will be accepted only at our discretion.
Send all shipments to:Foley Marine & Industrial Engines
200 Summer St.
Worcester, MA 01604
Cores are subject to inspection upon arrival. Refunds are issued in the same form as payment (e.g. if you paid by Credit Card, the return will be credited to the purchasing card).
Call us for directions to our facility and we will even fax you a map and printed directions. We also have printed directions in the “Directions” section of our website.