- Exhaust Products
- Ford Industrial
- Twin Disc, Rockford & AutoClutch
- Hurth & ZF Marine Gear
- Engine Governors
- Tech Tips & Video
- Free Tech Tips
- #128: Avoiding an Early Failure with a Deutz 1011 / 2011 Rebuilt
- #191: How to Upgrade an AutoClutch PTO
- #192: Perkins 4.107/4.108 Stainless Steel Exhaust Elbows
- #170: All You Need to Know to Install a Deutz, Perkins or Deere Crankshaft
- #171: Deutz Head Gaskets: Composite or MLS?
- #172: A Five Point Checklist on Deutz Head Bolts and Torque Values
- #173: How to Remove a Perkins 4.108 Injection Pump in Two Easy Steps
- #174: Five Points to Keep in Mind When Overhauling a Deutz 1011 or Deutz 2011 Diesel Engine
- #175: Deutz 2011 Timing Belts; How to Remove the Plastic Cover on the Deutz 2011 Timing Cover When Changing a 2011 Belt
- #176: 120 Series Electric Actuator
- #177: Crankshaft Installation Tips
- #178: Deutz 1012/1013 Cooling System Service and Maintinence
- #179: Dr. Diesel's Turbocharger Installation Manual
- #180: EPA Tier 3 Deutz Engine Specs
- #181: Exhaust Purifier Installation Procedures
- #182: Hoof/Pierce Governor Instructional Guide
- #183: How To Install A Lucas CAV/Delphi Pump
- #184: How to Break-In a Remanufactured Deutz Engine
- #185: Installation Instructions for Complete Distributors (View PDF)
- #186: Isuzu Industrial Diesel Engine Serial Number Location
- #187: Notes on Installing Twin Disc/Rockford Power Takeoffs
- #188: Perkins Engine Number and Location Guide
- #189: Perkins Marine Power 4.108(M)
- #190: Turbocharger Installation Instructions
- Ask Dr. Diesel
- Free Tech Tips
- Company Info
- About Us
- FAQs & Policies
- Industry Links
- Contact Us
Kubota 2203 Identification: A Field Guide
How to properly identify your Kubota diesel engine - Tech Tip #79
The Kubota 2203 Diesel has gone through several iterations including Tier and Tier Two emission compliant versions and this Tech Tip is a Field Guide for easy identification.
Kubota 2203 M Series vs. BG and E Series
2203 M Series The fuel shut off solenoid is mounted in the front timing gear cover
2203 BG and E Series The fuel shut off solenoid is located behind the fuel injection pump on block
Kubota 2203 Direct vs. Indirect Injection Engines
All of the above 2203 series diesels were shipped as either direct or indirect fuel injection engines.
2203 series Kubota direct injection diesels have a push-in pencil style fuel injectors similar to a John Deere diesel
2203 series Kubota indirect injection diesels have shorter, thicker, screw in injectors similar to a Perkins diesel
03 Series Kubota Diesels were Tier One Emission compliant before January, 2001 using a Kubota diesel serial number prior to 4A000. They use small crankshaft bearings
03 Series Kubota Diesels were Tier Two Emission compliant effective January, 2001 and after. They use Kubota diesel serial number 4A000 and up. They used larger crankshaft bearings.
We take tech support seriously!
We hope that you will find this Tech Tip helpful. We believe that Tech Support matters and welcome your comments or suggestions.
Please email Dr. Diesel™ using our contact form or call us at 800.233.6539.