- Engine Products
- Exhaust Products
- Tech Tips, News & More
- Free Tech Tips
- #162: Cummins B Series Injector Protrusion
- #163: Cummins 4 and 6 B Series Short Block Upgrades
- #164: Upgrading Your Twin Disc/Rockford or Auto Clutch PTO
- #165: Deutz 912 Diesel Connecting Rod Bolts
- #166: Block Heaters, Glow Plugs, and Immersion Heaters for your Perkins, Deutz or Ford Industrial Engine
- #153 Hurth HBW50/100/125/150 Transmissions: Two Common Problems Easily Avoided
- #155: Chrysler LH318 & LH360 Industrial Engines: Easy Block Repair
- #141 Deutz Diesel Engine Model 1013 Fuel Transfer Pumps
- #142 Ford 330 Industrial Engines: Identifying the Dorset and the Dagenham Models
- #143 How NOT To Seat the Piston Rings on Your New Ford 300 Industrial Engine; Cleaning Components When Swapping Accessories
- #144 Deutz 1011 and 2011 Timing Belt Tension
- #145 Installing an Electronic Governor: Five Easy Tips
- #146 Yanmar Engine Tag Locations
- #147 Running a Twin Disc/Rockford? Want It To Last Longer?
- #148: Ford Industrial In-Line 6 Cylinder Gas Engines: How to Tell Them Apart
- #154: AutoClutch Power Takeoff Clutches
- #156: Deutz 1011 & Deutz 1011F Diesel Piston to Wall Clearance
- #158: Power Takeoff Clutch Maintenance: How to Remove a Troublesome Pilot Bearing (Part 3)
- #159: Deutz 912 Engines: New Generation 912 vs. Old Generation 912 Engines Made Easy
- #160: Deutz Diesel Electronic Shutoff Solenoid Selection
- #161: Handy Numbers for Perkins Diesel Owners or Rebuilders
- All Tech Tips
- Ask Dr. Diesel™
- Industry Links
- Guides, Forms & Tags
- Company Info
- Contact Us
Kubota 2203 Identification: A Field Guide
How to properly identify your Kubota diesel engine - Tech Tip #79
The Kubota 2203 Diesel has gone through several iterations including Tier and Tier Two emission compliant versions and this Tech Tip is a Field Guide for easy identification.
Kubota 2203 M Series vs. BG and E Series
2203 M Series The fuel shut off solenoid is mounted in the front timing gear cover
2203 BG and E Series The fuel shut off solenoid is located behind the fuel injection pump on block
Kubota 2203 Direct vs. Indirect Injection Engines
All of the above 2203 series diesels were shipped as either direct or indirect fuel injection engines.
2203 series Kubota direct injection diesels have a push-in pencil style fuel injectors similar to a John Deere diesel
2203 series Kubota indirect injection diesels have shorter, thicker, screw in injectors similar to a Perkins diesel
03 Series Kubota Diesels were Tier One Emission compliant before January, 2001 using a Kubota diesel serial number prior to 4A000. They use small crankshaft bearings
03 Series Kubota Diesels were Tier Two Emission compliant effective January, 2001 and after. They use Kubota diesel serial number 4A000 and up. They used larger crankshaft bearings.
We take tech support seriously!
We hope that you will find this Tech Tip helpful. We believe that Tech Support matters and welcome your comments or suggestions.
Please email Dr. Diesel™ using our contact form or call us at 800.233.6539.