- Tech Tips & Video
- Free Tech Tips
- #166: Block Heaters, Glow Plugs, and Immersion Heaters for your Perkins, Deutz or Ford Industrial Engine
- #171: Deutz Head Gaskets: Composite or MLS?
- #172: A Five Point Checklist on Deutz Head Bolts and Torque Values
- Tech Tip #173: How to Remove a Perkins 4.108 Injection Pump in Two Easy Steps
- Tech Tip #174: Five Points to Keep in Mind When Overhauling a Deutz 1011 or Deutz 2011 Diesel Engine
- Tech Tip #175: Deutz 2011 Timing Belts; How to Remove the Plastic Cover on the Deutz 2011 Timing Cover When Changing a 2011 Belt
- #170: All You Need to Know to Install a Deutz, Perkins or Deere Crankshaft
- Tech Tip #168: Deutz 1011 and 2011 Timing Belt Change Intervals; All You Need to Know About Deutz Timing Belt Change Intervals
- Tech Tip #167: Twin Disc, Rockford and AutoClutch Power Takeoffs and Pulleys
- Tech Tip #169: All You Need to Know About Deutz and Wisconsin Blowers
- Tech Tip #149: Deutz 1011/2011 Timing Belt Damage: Three Considerations in Replacing a Deutz 1011/2011 Timing Belt
- All Tech Tips
- Ask Dr. Diesel
- Free Tech Tips
- Company Info
- About Us
- FAQs & Policies
- Industry Links
- Contact Us
- eBay Store
How To Order Parts For The Ford VSG Series Engine
Helpful Guide on correctly ordering parts for the Ford VSG Series engine - Tech Tip #121
The Ford VSG series engines are small four cylinder industrial gas engines used widely in floor scrubbers, sweepers, wood chippers and other industrial equipment. This Tech Tip follows on the heels of other Tech Support articles we have published on Ford Industrial engines. See for example Tech Tip #4: Ford 172/192 Industrial, Tech Tip #24: Ford 300 Industrial Downdraft Carburetors, Tech Tip #92: Identifying the Ford Dover and Dorset Engines: Five Easy Ways to Tell the Dover and Dorset Apart, Tech Tip #94: Ford 460 Industrial Engine, Some Considerations, Tech Tip #85: Identifying and Maintaining the Ford C6 Transmission as Used in Industrial Applications, Tech Tip #87: Perkins, Ford, White-Hercules, Continental and Chrysler Water Pumps: How To Identify and Order, Tech Tip #117: Ford 172 and Ford 192 Distributors and Drive Rods, and Tech Tip #119: Identifying the Ford 460 Industrial. Over the years there have been many changes in these Ford Industrial engines and ordering replacement parts or a remanufactured Ford engine can be difficult. This Tech Tip focuses on how to order parts for your VSG series engine.
The Valencia or VSG series has had two iteration, the VSG411 and the later VSG413.
Here is the chronological outline:
|VSG411||Pre-1986||With regular ignition distributor, 3 main bearings & 5-bolt flywheel|
|VSG411||1989-1992||With coil pack (or DIS), 3 main bearings & 5-bolt flywheel|
|VSG411||After 1992||With coil pack, 5 main bearings & 6-bolt flywheel|
|VSG413||--||With 5 main bearings & 6-bolt flywheel|
NOTE: VSG411's with the coil pack and the 3/5 combo WILL NOT interchange with the VSG413 which has the 5/6 combo.
Please call us with any questions on this Tech Tip. If you want replacement parts for your Ford VSG series engine, give us a call! We have 20,000 square feet of parts available and ready to ship. If all you need is a workshop manual we can get one right out to you, too. Just call us toll free at 800.233.6539. After all, we want to help!
We take tech support seriously!
We hope that you will find this Tech Tip helpful. We believe that Tech Support matters and welcome your comments or suggestions.
Please email Dr. Diesel™ using our contact form or call us at 800.233.6539.