- Engine Products
- Exhaust Products
- Tech Tips, News & More
- Free Tech Tips
- #162: Cummins B Series Injector Protrusion
- #163: Cummins 4 and 6 B Series Short Block Upgrades
- #164: Upgrading Your Twin Disc/Rockford or Auto Clutch PTO
- #165: Deutz 912 Diesel Connecting Rod Bolts
- #166: Block Heaters, Glow Plugs, and Immersion Heaters for your Perkins, Deutz or Ford Industrial Engine
- #153 Hurth HBW50/100/125/150 Transmissions: Two Common Problems Easily Avoided
- #155: Chrysler LH318 & LH360 Industrial Engines: Easy Block Repair
- #141 Deutz Diesel Engine Model 1013 Fuel Transfer Pumps
- #142 Ford 330 Industrial Engines: Identifying the Dorset and the Dagenham Models
- #143 How NOT To Seat the Piston Rings on Your New Ford 300 Industrial Engine; Cleaning Components When Swapping Accessories
- #144 Deutz 1011 and 2011 Timing Belt Tension
- #145 Installing an Electronic Governor: Five Easy Tips
- #146 Yanmar Engine Tag Locations
- #147 Running a Twin Disc/Rockford? Want It To Last Longer?
- #148: Ford Industrial In-Line 6 Cylinder Gas Engines: How to Tell Them Apart
- #154: AutoClutch Power Takeoff Clutches
- #156: Deutz 1011 & Deutz 1011F Diesel Piston to Wall Clearance
- #158: Power Takeoff Clutch Maintenance: How to Remove a Troublesome Pilot Bearing (Part 3)
- #159: Deutz 912 Engines: New Generation 912 vs. Old Generation 912 Engines Made Easy
- #160: Deutz Diesel Electronic Shutoff Solenoid Selection
- #161: Handy Numbers for Perkins Diesel Owners or Rebuilders
- All Tech Tips
- Ask Dr. Diesel™
- Industry Links
- Guides, Forms & Tags
- Company Info
- Contact Us
How To Order Parts For The Ford VSG Series Engine
Helpful Guide on correctly ordering parts for the Ford VSG Series engine - Tech Tip #121
The Ford VSG series engines are small four cylinder industrial gas engines used widely in floor scrubbers, sweepers, wood chippers and other industrial equipment. This Tech Tip follows on the heels of other Tech Support articles we have published on Ford Industrial engines. See for example Tech Tip #4: Ford 172/192 Industrial, Tech Tip #24: Ford 300 Industrial Downdraft Carburetors, Tech Tip #92: Identifying the Ford Dover and Dorset Engines: Five Easy Ways to Tell the Dover and Dorset Apart, Tech Tip #94: Ford 460 Industrial Engine, Some Considerations, Tech Tip #85: Identifying and Maintaining the Ford C6 Transmission as Used in Industrial Applications, Tech Tip #87: Perkins, Ford, White-Hercules, Continental and Chrysler Water Pumps: How To Identify and Order, Tech Tip #117: Ford 172 and Ford 192 Distributors and Drive Rods, and Tech Tip #119: Identifying the Ford 460 Industrial. Over the years there have been many changes in these Ford Industrial engines and ordering replacement parts or a remanufactured Ford engine can be difficult. This Tech Tip focuses on how to order parts for your VSG series engine.
The Valencia or VSG series has had two iteration, the VSG411 and the later VSG413.
Here is the chronological outline:
|VSG411||Pre-1986||With regular ignition distributor, 3 main bearings & 5-bolt flywheel|
|VSG411||1989-1992||With coil pack (or DIS), 3 main bearings & 5-bolt flywheel|
|VSG411||After 1992||With coil pack, 5 main bearings & 6-bolt flywheel|
|VSG413||--||With 5 main bearings & 6-bolt flywheel|
NOTE: VSG411's with the coil pack and the 3/5 combo WILL NOT interchange with the VSG413 which has the 5/6 combo.
Please call us with any questions on this Tech Tip. If you want replacement parts for your Ford VSG series engine, give us a call! We have 20,000 square feet of parts available and ready to ship. If all you need is a workshop manual we can get one right out to you, too. Just call us toll free at 800.233.6539. After all, we want to help!
We take tech support seriously!
We hope that you will find this Tech Tip helpful. We believe that Tech Support matters and welcome your comments or suggestions.
Please email Dr. Diesel™ using our contact form or call us at 800.233.6539.